DISCUSSION - SATURD...

[Sticky] DISCUSSION - SATURDAY 12 AUGUST 2017  

RSS

Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
Owner of Yadley.com Admin
12/08/2017 2:43 am  

Have you heard this story before?

Some many years ago, a tall gentleman clad in a smart black suit boarded a Northwest Airlines flight in the United States of America. Shortly after take off, the gentleman opened his briefcase and showed a bomb to the Flight Attendant.

Within just a few minutes, the guy managed to hijack the plane. When they landed in Seattle, he demanded $200 000 in cash, 4 parachutes and ordered all the crew to stay on board as he released all the passengers. After he got all his demands met he ordered the pilots to take off again. Approximately 45 minutes into the flight, he jumped off the airplane with all the money.

Up to date, the guy has never been found.

• Did he die when he jumped off the airplane?
  • How did he manage to outsmart all the police involved in his search?

So many questions, so few answers. But hold on to your thought. Tonight it could be YOU who could crack the case. Let`s talk about it in depth tonight at 20h00 (GMT +2) as we look into all the possible theories concerning this mystery case.

Hit `like` below if you promise you will be there for the discussion.

[attach]13[/attach]

Yes We Can Fly!

Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
12/08/2017 7:58 pm  

Good evening High Flyers!

We hope you had a productive day. Welcome to tonight`s discussion where we dig a little deeper into America`s ONLY unsolved skyjacking case. Are you ready to solve it? Let`s not waste time. We`ve uploaded a quick video for you below which you need to watch and answer the questions that follow.

If you have no capacity to watch the video, maybe due low data or poor network conditions, you will also find a summarized version of the story below.

Happy `cracking the case! ` 😀 

https://youtu.be/r7NnJN-9pwQ

Yes We Can Fly!

ReplyQuote
Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
12/08/2017 8:03 pm  

Summarized Story (If you could not watch the video above)

• On November 24, 1971, a man carrying a black briefcase boarded a Northwest Airlines flight that was scheduled for Portland to Seattle.
  • Calling himself "Dan Cooper," the man purchased a one-way ticket for this flight that was scheduled to be a 30-minute flight only.
  • He was wearing a dark suit and a black tie and his dressing matched what most people described as business-executive type.
  • Not long into the flight, Dan Cooper opened his brief case showing a bomb to the flight attendant and hijacked the plane. He made a series of demands. He asked for $200,000 in cash (about $1,5 million today), 4 parachutes, a fuel truck on standby at Seattle airport — where the plane was destined for — and a second flight to Mexico City.
  • When the airplane landed in Seattle, Cooper’s demands were met. He was given the money he asked for. He then allowed the 36 other passengers and some crew members to disembark while he remained on the plane and demanded that the pilots fly as slow as possible to Mexico
  • They took off from Seattle with the marked bills heading south while it was dark and lightly raining.
  • The plane had only three pilots and one flight attendant left on board
  • In the 45 minutes after take-off, Cooper sent the flight attendant to the cockpit while he was wearing the parachute. He tied the bank bag full of twenty dollar bills to himself, lowered the rear stairs of the aircraft and somewhere north of Portland jumped off the airplane into the dark night.
  • When the plane landed with the stairs down, they found the two remaining parachutes and on the seat Cooper was sitting in a black tie.
  • The hijacking raised a lot of high-level interest in the matter. Soon after the incident, even the U.S military scrambled jets, a helicopter and a C-130 aircraft from the closest air force base to follow Cooper's plane.
  • Approximately 1,000 troops searched the suspected jump zone on foot and in helicopters.
  • In an attempt to determine when Cooper jumped, the Boeing 727 used in the hijacking was flown out over the ocean and the stairs lowered and weights dropped. The SR-71 super-secret spy plane was sent in to photograph the entire flight path but no sign of D.B. Cooper was ever discovered.
  • Nine years later in 1980 just north of Portland on the Columbia River, a young boy named Brian Ingram was digging a fire pit in the sand at a place called Tena Bar.
  • He uncovered three bundles of cash amounting to $5800 a couple inches below the surface, with rubber bands still intact. Immediately, the first evidence since 1971 came to light since the money matched the exact numbers on the Cooper money.
  • The FBI searched and analysed the beach, the river was dredged by Cooper Hunters and the theories on how the money got there even made the case more complicated.
  • Decades passed, D.B. Cooper became famous in book, movie and song. Some actually regard him as a `hero`.

Up to date, no solid conclusions have been reached regarding Cooper's true identity or whereabouts.

Yes We Can Fly!

ReplyQuote
Leslie Shumba
(@leslie-shumba)
Trusted High Flyer
12/08/2017 8:06 pm  

Good Evening High Flyers ?

LDShumba

ReplyQuote
Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
12/08/2017 8:07 pm  

Answer any or all of the questions below if you can. You are welcome to add your questions too!

1. 1.       Do you think Cooper was an experienced skydiver or maybe someone with a strong military background?
  2. 2.       Of all the guys who have been suspected to be Cooper, do you think there is one actual Cooper?
  3. 3.       Maybe he died in the jump from the airplane. Do you think he died or maybe he is still alive somewhere?
  4. 4.       Do you think he had a real bomb or it was a fake one?
  5. 5.       How did three loose bundles of money stay together for years and then get buried together?

Yes We Can Fly!

ReplyQuote
Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
12/08/2017 8:09 pm  
Posted by: Leslie Shumba

Good Evening High Flyers ?

We are honored to have you in the house, as always 🙂

Yes We Can Fly!

ReplyQuote
Leslie Shumba
(@leslie-shumba)
Trusted High Flyer
12/08/2017 9:06 pm  

1)I Think Cooper was someone with a very strong military background

2)Yes there could be an actual Cooper but under some other name and maybe had a plastic surgery if that existed then

3)I wouldn't say he is alive because if he survived the jump by now he should be in the 90s or dead...Due to the traces of money found along the river bank Yes he survived the jump 

4)It was definitely fake , if it was real he wouldn't have thought of taking his stuff because a bomb has weight and jumping from 3000m would be risky with a bomb due to pressure 

5)Personally I don't know, maybe cooper came back after some few weeks to make sure no traces of remained and when ge foung some he easily hid them underground ?

?

LDShumba

Leslie Shumba
(@leslie-shumba)
Trusted High Flyer
12/08/2017 9:22 pm  

How do you edit because I just found out how many grammatical mistakes I have made???? I should read before I post next time ?

LDShumba

ReplyQuote
J Pierre
(@janepierre)
Active High Flyer
13/08/2017 10:56 am  

I know who DB Cooper is.

DB Cooper is Kenneth Christensen. Tinashe you know this too. Remember that guy who was a professional paratrooper after World War II? after he left the military, he worked as a mechanic and a flight purser for Northwest Orient Airlines, the carrier that Cooper chose for his hijack. Rings too may bells for me

ReplyQuote
Tinashe Nyangombe
(@tinashenyangombe)
13/08/2017 11:04 am  
Posted by: Leslie Shumba

How do you edit because I just found out how many grammatical mistakes I have made???? I should read before I post next time ?

Hahaha we didn`t see anything, now that you`ve said it you`re giving us the ideas to start checking?

You can edit your own post though by simply clicking the `edit` link on the bottom of your post. Here is a screenshot.Click on it to zoom:

[attach]14[/attach]

Yes We Can Fly!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register